Full Stack Web Engineer, full-time
About Smart Symbols
Already lots of innovation is taking place in the education space. However pre-school education never received the attention it deserves. Smart Symbols is about to change that. Through a clever combination of hardware and software-as-a-service, we aim to improve toddler education, supporting more individual guidance while lowering administrative overhead for teachers.
About the position
As Web Engineer you will play an essential role in the further development of our product and the continued growth of Smart Symbols. You’ll be working closely with all other team members and have the chance to help shape our product and contribute to the roadmap. Building software for toddlers and teachers is not only an extremely interesting challenge, it is also incredibly rewarding as you’ll have a positive impact on the growth of children in a defining stage of life.
- Contributing to the software development, development operations, and QA process
- Collaborating with the product manager on defining new functionality
- Helping manage the technical roadmap and aim for timely and high-quality delivery
Skills and qualifications we are looking for
- You have developed/contributed to solid, scalable and secure web applications.
- You like to work on all technical aspects of web based (SaaS) applications, from frontend to backend to cloud-ops.
- You have a keen eye for great user interfaces and general usability.
- You are a pragmatic thinker that likes to aim high while keeping things simple.
- You’re passionate about software building and you love experimenting with tools and services.
- You have experience with technologies like or similar to Docker, git, Vue.js, Alpine.js, PHP, Node.js, MySql, Redis, AWS.